Update 2: True to his word, it appears the humanitarian aid trucks being sent from the west into Venezuela have been repelled by Maduro’s guards as reports come in from social media that theyare all now on fire.
Update 1: President Maduro addressed the nation on state-owned television, urging his supporters to revolt if he is harmed and telling Trump “Yankee, go home!” Headlines from the speech include (via Bloomberg):
- *VENEZUELA’S MADURO SAYS HE WILL HOLD POWER FOR MANY YEARS
- *VENEZUELA’S MADURO SAYS HE’S NO ‘PUPPET OF THE EMPIRE’
- *VENEZUELA’S MADURO: TRUMP, DUQUE DON’T DECIDE FOR VENEZUELANS
- *MADURO: VENEZUELANS ARE DEFEATING U.S. COUP ATTEMPT
- *MADURO: GUAIDO SHOULD CALL ELECTIONS IF HE IS PRESIDENT
- *MADURO: PROTESTERS INCITING VIOLENCE ARE GOING TO PRISON
- *VENEZUELA’S MADURO SAYS HE WILL GUARANTEE SECURITY ON BORDER
- *VENEZUELA’S MADURO: GOVT HAS PLANS FOR ALL POSSIBLE SCENARIOS
- *VENEZUELA’S MADURO TELLS PRESIDENT TRUMP: ‘YANKEE GO HOME’
- *VENEZUELA MADURO CALLS ON SUPPORTERS TO REVOLT IF HE IS HARMED
- *VENEZUELANS SHOULD RESOLVE OWN PROBLEMS, MADURO SAYS
- *VENEZUELAN HUMANITARIAN AID SEEKS U.S. INVASION, MADURO SAYS
President Trump has been quiet so far on Twitter, offering just this earlier today:
The post Venezuela Aid Trucks Set Ablaze As Maduro Tells Trump: “Yankee, Go Home” appeared first on Off The Grid News.