Ontario Premier Doug Ford, speaking from Queen’s Park during his normal daily briefing, said that the numbers of new coronavirus cases are starting to go back down in the province.
“I truly believe everyone in Ontario, all 14.5 million people, are doing a great job and Dr. Brown will be out tomorrow and putting out information that we see the curve going down which is great news and I give all the credit to the people out there in Ontario but we can’t let our guard down,” Ford said.
The Premier cautioned Ontarians to “not let their guard down,” according to City News.
He continued, “Things are looking really positive so far, but I’ve said that before and it scares you because it comes back and bites you in the butt real quick if we don’t follow it up.”
When asked about the fact that the 7-day rolling average continues to increase, he said, “I wouldn’t go as far as flattening but we see it going in the right direction and that’s really positive. It’s putting me in a good mood today and I’m always in a good mood but today it just tells me that people are listening.”
More data is expected to be released on Thursday from the School of Public Health at the University of Toronto, which is expected to illustrate more deeply Ford’s statements.
Many parts of Ontario are back to a modified Stage 2 lockdown, with indoor dining prohibited, and places such as gyms and theaters forced to close again.